Plants are a wonderful way to add color and life to an office. Not only will a leafy green shrub help drown the monotony of a work space, studies have shown that some plants can naturally purify the air around you. Below, we've chosen our top 5 favorite plants to help you make your office a healthy and happy space.
1. Peace Lily: Peace Lilies have been shown to absorb toxins like benzene, trichloroethylene and other pollutants found in carpets and wall paint. Its beautiful white lily "flower" is really a modified leaf which will provide you with weeks of plumage. The plant does not require much care except for once a week watering.
2. Bamboo: One of the fastest growing plants in the world, bamboo plants are incredibly easy to take care of. The plants are often kept in a vase, partially submerged in water. While the plant requires ample sunlight, do not place it directly in the sun. Bamboo plants are known to filter out carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and more.
3. Golden Pothos: The most indestructible plant on our list, the Golden Pothos is a hardy vine plant that creates a beautiful cascade of leaves when kept as a hanging plant. The plant grows in any lighting situation except for direct sunlight, making it ideal for the office. Like the other plants on our list, the Golden Pothos eliminates carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, toluene and benzene pollutants from the air.
4. English Ivy: Durable and easy to care for, the English Ivy is an evergreen climbing plant that can virtually adapt to any condition. Able to grow in low light to bright sunlight, the plant can eliminate allergens like mold and reduce fecal matter particles.
5. Gerbera Daisy: With enough sunlight this pretty plant produces colorful ornamental flowers. Unlike most plants that release oxygen during the day, Gerbera Daisies release oxygen at night. Extremely effective at purifying air and producing clean oxygen, this plant will allow you and your employees to breathe better throughout the day.